RPR trades are currently working with a leading food manufacturing organisation to source a Plant Engineering Manager for their state of the facility in Kingaroy. This truely is a life changing job opportunity for the right individual.
Our clients drive is to continuously improve and increase thier sites capacity, efficiencies and preventative maintenance systems and processes. To support these initiatives, there is considerable investment into their Maintenance department, and are currently seeking a Plant Engineer to join the team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for determining policy and objectives, oversees all continuous improvement, project management engineering and maintenance operations for the plant and where necessary, provides technical advice and assistance.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strong leadership as a member of the Senior Management Team, including working closely and in conjunction with the Plant Manager and General Manager and the whole Senior Team.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with policy, standards and processes by the Maintenance manager and the wider Maintenance Team.
- Provide support to the Maintenance Manager, including in their absence.
- Motivate, lead and develop the Maintenance team in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager.
- Co-ordinate the engineering function, prepare long range plans.
- Ensure continuous improvement strategies & objectives are met.
- Determine and implement a Plant Maintenance Strategy based on plant efficiency and cost effectiveness, and conduct feasibility studies on plant replacement when needed or requested.
- When required in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager ensure timely and accurate Compliance Auditing across the facility (both internal and external) on any regulatory or company standards as needed. For e.g. boiler emissions, water testing, electrical safety, fire safety.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure minimal plant downtime and preventative plant maintenance.
- In conjunction with the team ensure the plant complies with all regulatory requirements and provides for production of Safe Food in a Safe and environmentally sustainable Workplace.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, review work reports and MEX Orders to identify sources of, and reasons for, plant and equipment failure.
- Review all plant operating reports ensuring efficient control measures are implemented.
- Manage all phases of Capital Work Projects as required.
- Develop annual Capital Expenditure budget and Maintenance Budget and proposals for specific projects in conjunction with General Manager Operations and other team members.
- Develop a 5year Maintenance Schedule, identifying improvement.
- Identify major R & M expenditure for the facility, researching and recommencing technological advances.
- Provide accurate advice to the HSE Manager on all matters pertaining to Environmental Compliance and / or Health and Safety Compliance or standards.
- Attending meetings as requested and ensure monthly and quarterly board reporting.
- Ensure trade Team Responsible for Plant Breakdown response in an efficient and timely manner, following up that all relevant and accurate detail recorded in MEX to allow asset analysis.
- Ensure trade team providing a customer service and plant presence during plant operation.
- Ensure Trade Team PM Completion rate to expected Trade Workmanship Standard
- Ensure work areas and standards are delivered for legislative/quality and reliability 5S work area standards.
What we’re looking for
Our Client has established an efficient, highly skilled yet diversified team. As a key member you will have:
- Highly desirable lean manufacturing experience, Lean Six SIGMA Green/Black belt
- Systematic approach, excellent project management, understand statistics and analysis.
- Trade Qualified – Mechanical or Electrical trade
- Strong, proven and experienced team leader
- FMCG background priority (food manufacturing production highly regarded) – at least 5 years
- Experienced and demonstrated Safe Work practices
- Excellent communicator
- In-House or external Frontline Management Training
- Advanced MS Office, CAD, MEX - preferred
- Experience and exposure to Budget/CAPEX/Plant design and Continuous Improvement.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rowan Gaunt on 0468 934 132.